A quote to start things off

Children have one kind of silliness, as you know, and grown-ups have another kind - C.S. Lewis - The Magicians Nephew

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Writers Write.

Hi.  My name is Dave and I used to write a blog called Home School Dad.  I was a full-time educator for 5 to 6 years and before I went back to the 9 to 5 grind, (It's actually 7 to 5:30 4 days a week, but how much personal information do you really want from me?  Should I text you my ssn? BACK OFF!) I wrote regularly about my family, our journey, and many of my other interests.  Then I stopped.

That's right, I pretty much stopped writing.  Sure for a year before I turned 50 I wrote a limerick a day and posted it on Facebook.  Yes, once a year at my  Crazy Uncle Dave's sports blog, I cover Baseball's hall of fame voting. I did participate in a to z blogging in April for a couple of years, and every 6 months or so, I try to work on the book idea I've had for almost 20 years  But the truth is writers write, fish swim and Facebook friends unfriend each other over trivial misunderstandings, so I need to get back on Facebook and start some useless arguments.  Sorry, not the point.  I need to write, and on a  daily basis, even though I have a rewarding, albeit challenging busy life.

I also need to read more. Reading informs and prepares the writer.  I have finished one book this year and that was on January 7th.  I need to make time in the day for it.  I mean how much Netflix can one guy watch?  That's not a rhetorical question, I need answers!!!!

I'm not sure if this is where I'll do most of my writing or just where I'll keep people appraised of my accomplishments.  We shall see.

Next Time: Brain Storming in times of  Drought.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dave, I applaud your return to the writing game! It's something you excel at and I'm excited to see where this blog takes you!

    ReplyDelete